hello all,
i just joined this forum. i actually joined because i am having a serious problem with my program which i believe u can help me solve.
i am designing a web based application that authenticates user login using MySql as database, java as programming language and NetBeans 6.5 beta as the IDE.
i problem i am having with my program is that when i run it, it displays the following message:

init:
deps-module-jar:
deps-ear-jar:
deps-jar:
library-inclusion-in-archive:
library-inclusion-in-manifest:
compile:
compile-jsps:
Building jar: C:\Documents and Settings\UBALUA VALENTINE\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\trackpro\dist\trackpro.war
The Sun Java System Application Server could not start.
More information about the cause is in the Server log file.
Possible reasons include:
- IDE timeout: refresh the server node to see if it's running now.
- Port conflicts. (use netstat -a to detect possible port numbers already used by the operating system.)
- Incorrect server configuration (domain.xml to be corrected manually)
- Corrupted Deployed Applications preventing the server to start.(This can be seen in the server.log file. In this case, domain.xml needs to be modified).
- Invalid installation location.
Deployment error:
- Port conflicts. (use netstat -a to detect possible port numbers already used by the operating system.)
- Corrupted Deployed Applications preventing the server to start.(This can be seen in the server.log file. In this case, domain.xml needs to be modified).
See the server log for details.
at org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.deployment.devmodules.api.Deployment.deploy(Deployment.java:194)
at org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.ant.Deploy.execute(Deploy.java:104)
at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor127.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1337)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1306)
at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1189)
at org.apache.tools.ant.module.bridge.impl.BridgeImpl.run(BridgeImpl.java:273)
at org.apache.tools.ant.module.run.TargetExecutor.run(TargetExecutor.java:486)
at org.netbeans.core.execution.RunClassThread.run(RunClassThread.java:151)
Caused by: org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.deployment.impl.ServerException: The Sun Java System Application Server could not start.
at org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.deployment.impl.ServerInstance._start(ServerInstance.java:1308)
at org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.deployment.impl.ServerInstance.startTarget(ServerInstance.java:1262)
at org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.deployment.impl.ServerInstance.startTarget(ServerInstance.java:1073)
at org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.deployment.impl.ServerInstance.start(ServerInstance.java:950)
at org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.deployment.impl.TargetServer.startTargets(TargetServer.java:454)
at org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.deployment.devmodules.api.Deployment.deploy(Deployment.java:166)
... 16 more
BUILD FAILED (total time: 59 seconds)

PLEASE HELP!!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Well your IDE has already suggested four possible reasons for the problem as mentioned below :-

Have you checked which is the actual reason by checking the suggestions it has provided ???

Hi Valuba,

I am also having the same problem. Have U found out the solution??

If so, please let me know abt it to my ID : <EMAIL SNIPPED>

Asha

hello all,
i just joined this forum. i actually joined because i am having a serious problem with my program which i believe u can help me solve.
i am designing a web based application that authenticates user login using MySql as database, java as programming language and NetBeans 6.5 beta as the IDE.
i problem i am having with my program is that when i run it, it displays the following message:

init:
deps-module-jar:
deps-ear-jar:
deps-jar:
library-inclusion-in-archive:
library-inclusion-in-manifest:
compile:
compile-jsps:
Building jar: C:\Documents and Settings\UBALUA VALENTINE\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\trackpro\dist\trackpro.war
Deployment error:
See the server log for details.
at org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.deployment.devmodules.api.Deployment.deploy(Deployment.java:194)
at org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.ant.Deploy.execute(Deploy.java:104)
at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor127.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1337)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1306)
at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1189)
at org.apache.tools.ant.module.bridge.impl.BridgeImpl.run(BridgeImpl.java:273)
at org.apache.tools.ant.module.run.TargetExecutor.run(TargetExecutor.java:486)
at org.netbeans.core.execution.RunClassThread.run(RunClassThread.java:151)
Caused by: org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.deployment.impl.ServerException: The Sun Java System Application Server could not start.
at org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.deployment.impl.ServerInstance._start(ServerInstance.java:1308)
at org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.deployment.impl.ServerInstance.startTarget(ServerInstance.java:1262)
at org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.deployment.impl.ServerInstance.startTarget(ServerInstance.java:1073)
at org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.deployment.impl.ServerInstance.start(ServerInstance.java:950)
at org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.deployment.impl.TargetServer.startTargets(TargetServer.java:454)
at org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.deployment.devmodules.api.Deployment.deploy(Deployment.java:166)
... 16 more
BUILD FAILED (total time: 59 seconds)

PLEASE HELP!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.