I have installed Tomcat 6.0.28 in my machine.
But when trying to start it, it is not being started.
A command window open for a fraction of second and then closed.
No log or error is written in log.
I have set up the JAVA_HOME, CATALINA_HOME, classpath and path variables.
But no result. Any help will be appriable.

Thanks in advance...

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

How do you start it? Is there a way you can issue the start command in a command prompt window so that error messages are left displayed when the start fails? Open a command prompt window and change directory to the folder with the start file.

To verify the environment variables are set, enter a command prompt window and enter the set command and make sure the paths are correct.

I run it from command prompt but still getting the same result i.e. no log or error message. Only the tomcat window open for a fraction of second and then disappears.

I have an older version of Tomcat and get this when I execute the startup.bat:

Including all jars in C:\Java\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.4\lib in your CLASSPATH.

Using CLASSPATH: C:\Java\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.4\classes;C:\Java\jakarta-tomcat-3.2
.4\lib\ant.jar;C:\Java\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.4\lib\crimson.jar;C:\Java\jakarta-tomc
at-3.2.4\lib\jasper.jar;C:\Java\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.4\lib\jaxp.jar;C:\Java\jakart
a-tomcat-3.2.4\lib\servlet.jar;C:\Java\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.4\lib\servlet.jar.lnk;
C:\Java\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.4\lib\webserver.jar;D:\JavaDevelopment;.;C:\Program F
iles\Java\jdk1.5.0_04\lib\tools.jar;D:\JavaDevelopment\JavaMail\javamail-1.1.3ea
\mail.jar;D:\Java\jaf-1.0.1\activation.jar

Starting Tomcat in new window

How do you start tomcat? What program/batchfile starts it?

Steps on how to install and run Tomcat can be found here

I am trying to start tomcat using the startup.bat from %CATALINA_HOME%\bin.

I have an older version of Tomcat and get this when I execute the startup.bat:

How do you start tomcat? What program/batchfile starts it?

Can you edit the startup.bat file and post its contents here.

Add a MORE at the end of the bat file to keep if open after it executes so you can see the screen.
I don't have a startup.bat file. Here's my shutdown.bat file:

@Rem stop the Tomcat server
java -jar bootstrap.jar stop
MORE

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.