I am wanting to have a select box populate from a database query based on the information pulled from another select box as the user chooses it (ie a user chooses a state and the city choices populate or something like that). I am using JSP, Servlets and Beans. Seems that I need to us JSF, but I was wondering if there is another way or better way.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

They are plenty and they do varies from scripting languages like JavaScript/Ajax/jQuery running queries to server side of application to frameworks that can provide you with like Wicket for example

They are plenty and they do varies from scripting languages like JavaScript/Ajax/jQuery running queries to server side of application to frameworks that can provide you with like Wicket for example

I guess I need to do more reading on Frameworks in general instead of JSF in specific because I don't think I am grasping the concept behind them as a group. So are you saying that the scripting languages interact with the framework? I was trying to avoid having scripts all over the place, but if they simply call something on the server side framework that would work.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.