Is there anything like that links should be given inside(outside) the <form></form> tags. Can form tag be left without any action?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

That is not a JSP question, technically, and this is the wrong forum for a JSP question, anyway, there is a JSP forum, that is an HTML question. The real question is, why would you want a form without an action? What purpose would it serve? That is just some food for thought. My advice would be to find an HTML forum.

O.k. i surfed and found that a login.jsp(form based Authentication) page needs some code to be entered in web.xml. I submit my code here.

<html>
<head>
<title>Enter your name and password</title>
</head>
<body bgcolor="#999966">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<form method="POST" action="Order.jsp">
<p><font color="#800000" size="5">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Enter your company  name:</font><input type="text" name="coname" size="20"></p>
<p><font color="#800000" size="5">
Enter your password:</font><input type="password" name="password" size="20"></p>
<p><input type="submit" value="Submit" name="B1"></p>
<% String cname= request.getParameter("coname");
   String cpwd= request.getParameter("password");
   Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver");
   Connection c=DriverManager.getConnection("Jdbc:Odbc:emp");
   Statement s= c.createStatement();
   ResultSet r=s.executeQuery("select * from complog where Comp_name="+cname+" ");
   while(r.next())
      {
        String cpwd1 =r.getString(2);
        if(cpwd1.equals(cpwd))
          {
            response.sendRedirect("Order.jsp");
          }
%>
</form>
</body>
</html>

I felt I have use redirect there which is wrong.

Don't use scriptlets in JSP and use a Connection Pool. And you can't use a "sendRedirect" in the middle of a page anyway. A sendRedirect needs to be the entire page.

Also, form-based authentication is normally handled by the web container itself, you, normally, need only provide an html form and the connection information to the user realm.

See this and this.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.