hello, all I am trying to insert rows from Excel sheet into SQL database by browsing Excel file in java(JSP). I can insert rows using ODBC connetion. But using odbc user should give DSN in program. I need to insert rows by Browsing file to make it user friendly.i.e user should browse the existing excel file and then on submission of form, value should get insert into a database. please provide me the code snippet... thanx in advance

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I think that you should have posted this in the JSP forum

think that you should have posted this in the JSP forum

Please report such posts instead of replying to them. This will ensure that the post doesn't lose its meaning after the thread move is done.

hello, all I am trying to insert rows from Excel sheet into SQL database by browsing Excel file in java(JSP). I can insert rows using ODBC connetion. But using odbc user should give DSN in program. I need to insert rows by Browsing file to make it user friendly.i.e user should browse the existing excel file and then on submission of form, value should get insert into a database. please provide me the code snippet... thanx in advance

1) Forum rules, which I'm sure you read before posting, clearly states that you need to show some effort as we are not 24/7 coding solution (if we were we would be running a company and you will have to pay us)
2) Above problem doesn't make any sense. Are you trying to create some interactive excel document like Google have in their Documents and somehow to store data in database or you just want user to upload excel document and your application will read it and store data in database

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.