Hey

All of a suddent my Apache Tomcat server has broken. Very strange but I try going to http://localhost:8080 and I get a HTTP 400 error. How do I fix this as it is very strange that this suddenly appears. Using MyEclipse.

Note, I believe I installed NetBeans which installed its own Apache Tomcat server. I uninstalled that and it still doesnt work. Fucking NetBeans....

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

have you tried restarting your server?

Are you sure that Tomcat been installed with NetBeans? NetBeans usually comes with GlassFish.
Best solution, download zip/tar extract it in location where you want to have Tomcat and point any IDE of choice to it. Instructions are here

Are you sure that Tomcat been installed with NetBeans? NetBeans usually comes with GlassFish.
Best solution, download zip/tar extract it in location where you want to have Tomcat and point any IDE of choice to it. Instructions are here

You get the option to install either/both/none. Glassfish is ticked by default, tomcat isnt.

You get the option to install either/both/none. Glassfish is ticked by default, tomcat isnt.

True but how many people, better put students actually check for it... Either way we are most likely not gone find out what was issue as OP did not come back with any reply.

True but how many people, better put students actually check for it... Either way we are most likely not gone find out what was issue as OP did not come back with any reply.

Most on my course prefer to use tomcat,resin, or some other small server, than the bloaty glassfish.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.