Hi i need some help on jsf/primefaces layout. i created 3 tabs, but the labels and text box in tab1 is not displaying.instead it is being displayed in tab2, and content of tab2 in tab3... I would like to know why am having this issue and how to solve this? Below is my createCustomer.xhtml.
NOte: the same layout i did in editCustomer.xhtml(with 3 tabs) and it works fine.

<p:panel header="#{customermsgs['customer.title']} Details" style="margin-top:10px">
                <p:messages />
                <h:panelGrid id="main" columns="2" styleClass="grid" columnClasses="label,value">
                    <p:growl id="growl" showDetail="true" />
                        <p:tabView id="tabView" dynamic="true">
                            <p:ajax event="tabChange" update=":form:growl" />

<p:tab id="tab1" title="Employer Details">
                                    <h:panelGrid id="detail" columns="2" styleClass="grid" columnClasses="label,value">

<h:outputText
                                            value="#{customermsgs['customer.customernumber.title']}:*" />
                                        <h:inputText id="customer_customernumber"
                                            value="#{CustomerComponent.customer.customernumber}"
                                            required="true" label="customer_customernumber" />
                                            value="#{customermsgs['customer.customername.title']}:" />
                                        <h:inputText id="customer_customername"
                                            value="#{CustomerComponent.customer.customername}"
                                            required="false" label="customer_customername" />
                                            value="#{customermsgs['customer.contactlastname.title']}:" />
                                        <h:inputText id="customer_contactlastname" value="#{CustomerComponent.customer.contactlastname}"
                                            required="false" label="customer_contactlastname" />
                                    </h:panelGrid>
                                </p:tab>

<p:tab id="tab2" title="Lodging Accomodation Details">
                                    <h:panelGrid id="detail2" columns="2" styleClass="grid" columnClasses="label,value">

value="#{customermsgs['customer.contactfirstname.title']}:" />
                                        <h:inputText id="customer_contactfirstname"
                                            value="#{CustomerComponent.customer.contactfirstname}"
                                            required="false" label="customer_contactfirstname" />
                                        <h:outputText value="#{customermsgs['customer.phone.title']}:" />
                                        <h:inputText id="customer_phone"
                                            value="#{CustomerComponent.customer.phone}" required="false"
                                            label="customer_phone" />
                                            value="#{customermsgs['customer.addressline1.title']}:" />
                                        <h:inputText id="customer_addressline1"
                                            value="#{CustomerComponent.customer.addressline1}"
                                            required="false" label="customer_addressline1" />
                                <p:tab id="tab3"
                                    title="Clearance obtained from appropriate authorities">
                                    <h:panelGrid id="detail3" columns="2" styleClass="grid"  columnClasses="label,value">

value="#{customermsgs['customer.addressline2.title']}:" />
                                        <h:inputText id="customer_addressline2"
                                            value="#{CustomerComponent.customer.addressline2}"
                                            required="false" label="customer_addressline2" />
                                        <h:outputText value="#{customermsgs['customer.city.title']}:" />
                                        <h:inputText id="customer_city"
                                            value="#{CustomerComponent.customer.city}" required="false"
                                            label="customer_city" />
                                        <h:outputText value="#{customermsgs['customer.state.title']}:" />
                                        <h:inputText id="customer_state"
                                            value="#{CustomerComponent.customer.state}" required="false"
                                            label="customer_state" />
                                            value="#{customermsgs['customer.postalcode.title']}:" />
                                        <h:inputText id="customer_postalcode"
                                            value="#{CustomerComponent.customer.postalcode}"
                                            required="false" label="customer_postalcode" />
                                        <h:outputText value="#{customermsgs['customer.country.title']}:" />
                                        <h:inputText id="customer_country"
                                            value="#{CustomerComponent.customer.country}" required="false"
                                            label="customer_country" />
                                            value="#{customermsgs['customer.salesrepemployeenumber.title']}:" />
                                        <h:inputText id="customer_salesrepemployeenumber"
                                            value="#{CustomerComponent.customer.salesrepemployeenumber}"
                                            required="false" label="customer_salesrepemployeenumber" />
                                            value="#{customermsgs['customer.creditlimit.title']}:" />
                                        <h:inputText id="customer_creditlimit"
                                            value="#{CustomerComponent.customer.creditlimit}"
                                            required="false" label="customer_creditlimit" />
                            </p:tabView>
                <h:panelGrid id="button" columns="2" styleClass="grid" columnClasses="label,value">
                    <h:panelGroup>
                        <p:commandButton image="save" ajax="false" style="margin-right:20px;" value="#{customermsgs['navigation.save']}" action="#{CustomerComponent.saveCustomer(CustomerComponent.customer)}"/>
                    </h:panelGroup>
            </p:panel>

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

I would like to know why am having this issue and how to solve this? Below is my createCustomer.xhtml.

Did you double check which variable tags to see you that it is link correctly or actually running it? It's a layout. I don't think anyone can see any issues. I don't see any issues. Do you have list that writing in order and then you post it on the xhtml file to see whether it match?

yes i double check.everything looks good.

I didnt understand this part :
Do you have list that writing in order and then you post it on the xhtml file to see whether it match?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.