could u pls help me out to create one databse inside another databse using PHP , MySQL. is it possible??

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

i don't think its possible. why do you need to anyway?

Huh! database inside another database ? Not possible AFAIK.

You can't create a database within a database. But you can create new tables within your database that have a different table prefix so that it will work like a different database.

All you have to do is make all your tables with a different table prefix.

I did this when I was running phpBB 2.0.23 and Simple Machines Forums on the same database. You just have to make sure that you call information from the right tables. It gets really confusing when you get more table prefixes in the same database.

This is a useful trick for free web hosting plans that only give you one database to work with.

could u pls help me out to create one databse inside another databse using PHP , MySQL. is it possible??

surely u cont create it

in a database you can create tables.
into the tables you can create fields.
there is no sense to create a database
inside a database.

You want to build an online database manager program like google docs? That is emulating a database, and an emulated database is inside a database.

Be specific.
4 example: if you have an ACCESS database, you can build the same structure in mysql with a populator script. You see, i've thought further the question and a totally different solution would solve the problem.

Please look at the dates before posting, there have been a lot of 1 year+ bumps lately.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.