Its not a BETA or RC release, but it is up right now. Unsupported and still under work, phpBB 2.1.2 (Version for phpBB 2.2 testing board) is up right now. It has a sleek smooth new interface with a new profile backend. If your looking forward to a great User Control Panel, then your in luck. The new UCP is more better then ever including Overview Front Page, Subscribed Topics, Important News, Bookmarks, and Saved Drafts followed by Profile, Private Messages, Preferences, Friends and Foes, and lastly Attachments.

Newer features include Advanced Posting, expanded ACP and so much more. You seriously have to see this, visit the demo board at http://www.da-hot-spot.com/phpbb/index.php and register. Access to the ACP is unavailable right now as I fix an error that is in it, but you'll definitely get to see it too.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@Young Teck 06

I know it's 8 years too late.

Right now it phpBB 3.0.11. I think they might have that kind of feature plus more.

2 downvote from 8 years ago?

I think someone is out to get me.

I think that it's a normal reaction that most people would be annoyed by someone reviving such an old post. However, I could be mistaken, but i believe I've read some of Dani's responses that she is OK with it when the continued posting in the thread is still relevant and the updated post is still helpful for someone looking for a correct answer.

@JorgeM

I think that it's a normal reaction that most people would be annoyed by someone reviving such an old post. However, I could be mistaken, but i believe I've read some of Dani's responses that she is OK with it when the continued posting in the thread is still relevant and the updated post is still helpful for someone looking for a correct answer.

I don't know, Dani post alot of stuff its hard to keep track. I'll be honest with you. It's 8 years ago. The only person know if my answer was correct is Young Teack 06 the sad part is that he's hasn't been on 4 years. Plus there shouldn't be a upvote nor downvote (another words no vote) for these old questions because the only person know if my answer is correct is Young Teck 06.

The voting you refer to is for the post itself, and anyone who reads it can react to that: they can like what you've said, dislike it, think that you shouldn't have revived such an old post and down vote for that reason, appreciate that you've revived and up vote, etc etc.

That's exactly what the up and down voting system is for, giving members the ability to express appreciation or otherwise for individual postings without impacting upon the reputation of the member concerned. So in this case, I would assume, the members who have downvoted have done so as they are displeased with the specific response to such an old posting (there is probably little point replying to a posting about a Beta version of phpBB 2.1.2 from 8 years ago just to point out that it's on a higher version now and the features have changed to be honest). It doesn't mean they are out to get you, and the fact that they have not 'neg repped' you would suggest to me that they value your contributions to DaniWeb as a whole.

commented: Thanks for the Explanation +9
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.