Hello Forum , I am working on Windows XP SP3 ,I want to configure my PHP server accessible for our entire LAN cz I want to post and retrieve information to/ from my database being on any machine in our LAN.

What configuration can I make?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Do you mean you want to turn your PC into a server ? Then check out Wampserver or Xampp. This will install the necessary tools on your machine.

Do you mean you want to turn your PC into a server ? Then check out Wampserver or Xampp. This will install the necessary tools on your machine.

Gentleman says
Thanks my friend,in real I'm a student we have been given the work of developping a web application for managing computers in our LAN .They say there is no need to host on any internet web hosting service, and any one of our LAN can access the form for entering information about his computer and the administrator can do the job of management such as selecting all,delete some and so on.

The point is to configure one machine as server and where the application will be developed and the rest of users will access it.

WHAT IS THE CONFIGURATION?
-IS IT POSSIBLE TO INCLUDE THE POSSIBILITY TO SEND E-MAIL TO A CO-WORKER ? HOW?
-WHAT ABOUT A NEWS LETTER TO BE SENT TO A SPECIFIC USER?

If no time to answer me give me some links.

Great thanks to pritaeas,I do appreciate other support.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.