Hi,

Just trying to learn on how the Zend Framework works but i keep on getting this errors on viewing as http://mainevent on my local machine:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Exception' with message 'Invalid controller specified (error)' in D:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\xampp\mainevent\include\Zend\library\Zend\Contro ller\Dispatcher\Standard.php:249 Stack trace: #0 D:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\xampp\mainevent\include\Zend\library\Zend\Contro ller\Front.php(914): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http)) #1 D:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\xampp\mainevent\public_html\index.php(16): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch() #2 {main} thrown in D:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\xampp\mainevent\include\Zend\library\Zend\Contro ller\Dispatcher\Standard.php on line 249

Can anyone help and so new to this? Thanks

I ran this code to check if the Zend framework can be viewed and it does indicate Ready

<?php
require ‘Zend/Version.php’;

if (Zend_Version::compareVersion(‘0.9.2beta’) > 0) {
echo “Please upgrade to a newer version of ZF for this demo.\n”;
} else {
echo “Ready!\n”;
}
?>

But i dont know am getting that controller fatal error!!

This is how my bootstrap looks like

<?php
require_once('Zend/Loader.php');
Zend_Loader::registerAutoload();
$controller = Zend_Controller_Front::getInstance();
$controller->setControllerDirectory('../include/Controllers');
$controller->dispatch();
?>

Creating virtual host as:

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName mainevent
DocumentRoot "D:/apachefriends/xampp/htdocs/xampp/mainevent/public_html"
<Directory "D:/apachefriends/xampp/htdocs/xampp/mainevent/public_html">
AllowOverride None
Options All
</Directory>
php_value include_path ".;D:/apachefriends/xampp/htdocs/xampp/mainevent/include;D:/apachefriends/xampp/php/PEAR;D:/apachefriends/xampp/htdocs/xampp/mainevent/include/zend/library"
php_value magic_quotes_gpc off
php_value register_globals off
</VirtualHost>

And my directory listing are as follows:
D:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\xampp\mainevent -> Include, public_html, app_data, templates

D:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\xampp\mainevent\include -> Controllers, Zend Framework

D:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\xampp\mainevent\include\controllers -> Controller classes

D:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\xampp\mainevent\include\Zend -> Library

D:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\xampp\mainevent\include\Zend\library ->Zend-> all zend folders and classes

Sorry i have to be so lame breaking it down like this. Just that this seems to be the only way of giving concrete information on what i have set up on my side. thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.