I recently discovered that IE6 will display a blank screen if you are in SSL and you click on a link that points to a UTF-8 page. However, if you refresh the page will be displayed. However, even if the page contains a link to itself, clicking on the link again will render a blank page.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I recently discovered that IE6 will display a blank screen if you are in SSL and you click on a link that points to a UTF-8 page. However, if you refresh the page will be displayed. However, even if the page contains a link to itself, clicking on the link again will render a blank page.

Thats pretty nasty.

Have you tried this on different servers with the same results?
Could you post the HTML contents of the page, and if possible the HTTP Request, Response Headers.

I suggest to validate the page for (X)HTML and CSS to make clear that there is not any syntax error. These displaying errors in IE6 is commonly due to an incorrect closed tag or sometimes due to a conflicting javascript function.

Anyway, good luck.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.