Hi everybody,
I have a ntext problem. There are MS SQL SP in my project.And I am taking mssql_bind() warning and mssql_execute() error. But the problem is that I cannot make changes on these SPs. Because these Sp are used by other programmers who are using cold fussion as programming language. Thus I could not use cast trick. What can I do? Has anybody have idea?
Thanks!..

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

How are you setting up your database connection and queries?

I have to use ready Store Procedures. But I solved this problem by using cast function for moment. Because I could not find another way. But the my problem is now unicode(Greek) charecters. I could not show texts on the side. I used normal way for connection. (mssql_connect)
Thanks!

In order to use unicode characters, you need your fields to be set as nchar, nvarchar or ntext.

Php does not support nchar, nvarchar and ntext.Because if I use them i take "Unicode data in a Unicode-only collation or ntext data cannot be sent to clients using DB-Library (such as ISQL) or ODBC version 3.7 or earlier. (severity 16)" error.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.