Hi all,

I'm emailing from the land of Oz ..... it appears that the developers of this site also have connections with the land of Oz.

I'm writing because I have created a fool proof Excel timesheet calculator which I'd like my customers to subscribe to (through PayPal) before having permission to register with my site in order to access the spreadsheets.

I have a PHP registration and login script (feeding into a mysql database) which I reasonably happy with however, I do want to make further enhancements to it so it can do several things:

1. Not allow customers to register on the login page;
2. Have up to five security levels to automatically direct customers to their chosen subscribed spreadsheet);
3. Auto emailer to myself and customers (including forgot password); and
4. Script that can be easily integrated into my exciting page format and graphics.

As mentioned, I do have one that I'm reasonably happy with, but it is very basic. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Steve

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi Steve and welcome to Daniweb,

Good to see another fellow Australian in the mix. I can offer some advice for numbers 2 and 3...

For 2, take a look at the GACL package, which is a very powerful tool that deals with security and permission levels for your site.

For 3, something like PHP Mailer is a good package that allows you to send emails in the way that you want.

Hope this helps,
darkagn

Hi Darkagn,

Thanks for the quick response. I will take a closer look at that script tonight.

Kind regards,

Steve

You can also grab some great solutions from phpclasses.org. Just search through the thousands of scripts. They almost always have a sample page or two for illustration and testing.

Hi Kness,

I will have a look. I have offered to give a donation but even that doesn't appear to be a enough incentive.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.