I have web based inventory system written in PHP and going to attach barcode reader to the web interface.

Any idea how to use webbased interface to extracting information from barcode data?

Does anybody have expirience with barcode and webforms ?

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

Are you looking to generate your own barcodes or use ones already on products?

Yes, i want to generate my own barcode and as well be able to read ones on product through barcode reader and web interface to extract price, product name, manufacturer to update my inventory database at point of sales

Synking thanks..

for the great link, I think the problem of generating barcodes from web interface are solved..

But it remains interacting with barcode reader at the point of sale through web interface to extract encoded barcode information from barcode reader. So that i can use it to update my database.

Any idea on how i can do that...

Thanks once again.

What type of barcode reader is it is it one directly attached to the computer in question or is it one that is "wireless" and loads multiple amounts of data at once.

It is wireless barcode reader, it should be able to work with my front end (web form). I want to extract different data from barcode on a product and display them on my web form fields "like product code, manufacturer and price" separately, into different form fields.

My problem is to get those barcode data onto my web form fields separately from barcode reader, i will now be able to update my database through ajax over the internet.

Is there any javascript library that can work with barcode reader to get me those data?

thanks.

here is a pure java barcode reader extractor hope it helps.

http://www.sharewareconnection.com/java-barcode-reader.htm

if you go to the guys homepage he has other languages available.

the only one i have delt with had it's on software and i just created a perl script to grab the data i needed.

Synking thanks for the link.

but i have found a way to do it on the web page.

Tips..,
as barcode reader works in the same way as keyboard, any application that have focus of mouse cursor will receive the barcode data when u scan the barcode on a product. So to make it work on web page just let the appropriate form field have mouse focus, on scanning the barcode the translated data will be placed on the field. Note.., after reading barcode data, barcode reader sends a command equivalent to Enter Key on the keyboard of which in this case of web page will submit the form. Then you can decide what should happen when onSubmit event is generated using javascript.

Thanks for your help i appreciate..

Synking thanks for the link.

but i have found a way to do it on the web page.

Tips..,
as barcode reader works in the same way as keyboard, any application that have focus of mouse cursor will receive the barcode data when u scan the barcode on a product. So to make it work on web page just let the appropriate form field have mouse focus, on scanning the barcode the translated data will be placed on the field. Note.., after reading barcode data, barcode reader sends a command equivalent to Enter Key on the keyboard of which in this case of web page will submit the form. Then you can decide what should happen when onSubmit event is generated using javascript.

Thanks for your help i appreciate..

Hi, I'm having the same issue where I cannot get the data to print in any of my windows apps. We have a brand new Heron D130, it should be able to do just that but i just cannot find a way to get it going.

Any more tips for a barcode n00b?

TY,
Paul.

Chibex,

Really does it work? Great! But I have two questions:

1) Does It work in a mobile platform? Does it work in Windows Mobile 6?

2) Could it work with a RFId reader instead of barcode reader in the same way?

Thanks,

SBC

could someone can help me in my online sales and inventory system project!!
I really just don't know how to start it!!

I'm creating an Web-Based Inventory System too, currently stucked at this module which need to scan QR code which contain the item ID wirelessly using a Android app and show the information retrieve from the MySQL database and show it on my PHP webpage.

I have created an Android App using phonegap that able to scan QR code and send it into the database at my PC WAMP Server MySQL database, problem is how to proceed the next step to get what I want?

Member Avatar for diafol

So you've retrieved the product id from the QR code. I don't understand where you're stuck then. SHow your code so far and where it's all going wrong.

hi guys need your help , i want to create webpage which have button , once it click it open the phone camera and scan the barcode then send the number to text filed .. i do not want android apps , i want web page .thanks in advance

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.