1.11M Members

while($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result))

I use to use all for loops for looping through database data sets and just started using while loops with mysql_fetch_ type functions and for some reason, the second mysql_fetch loop in the file never seems to fire but does when I switch the second one to a for loop. Does anyone know a reason for this? Is there some type of array pointer that I need to reset or something?

actually, I mostly work with postgres so it is usually pg_fetch_assoc, which should be the same thing anyway.

I found it. The function I need to use is mysql_data_seek() for mysql. I cannot find an equivalent for postgres like pg_data_seek(). Anybody have any ideas what I would use for postgres?

Just bringing back to the top to see if anybody can shed some light here.

I found it, actually got it from phpfreaks. surprisingly got the answer within 10 minutes of posting. There are a lot of good php users there but its so dry though. I much prefer daniweb. Anyway the function is pg_result_seek().

Isn't it about time forums rewarded their contributors?

Earn rewards points for helping others. Gain kudos. Cash out. Get better answers yourself.

It's as simple as contributing editorial or replying to discussions labeled or OP Kudos

You
This article has been dead for over six months: Start a new discussion instead
Tags Related to this Article