Hi, I'm hoping someone can give me some advice or guidance. I am using Developer Toolbox (yes I'm still trying to learn php)

Right now I have an index page with 7 set links on it. Basically, a user logs in, and is brought to this index. Based on what the date & time is, they click on the pertaining set link. From here it brings them to an Insert record form, (NOT DYNAMIC LIST OR FORM), where the user enters their response and hits Submit. After they hit Submit on the Insert screen, it brings them back to the index page. If they want to update their response, they can click on the set link again, which brings them to an Update screen. This is where I'm running into issues.

1. The Update record form doesn't show the response from the Insert screen.
2. Based on user, if a new user logs in, they should only see the Insert screen when they first click on a set link. While testing I noticed that if user A inserts, then user B logs in and goes to insert for the first time, the Update screen comes up.

Is there a way to make it so that everything depends on session id? I want to make this as seamless as possible so people don't get concerned if the database has received their answer.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

No 1 should be fairly straight forward using the $_GET array. You can set a variable in their response in the Insert screen, and retrieve it in the Update screen if it is set. (see the isset() function in the PHP doco for examples on how to do this). The PHP doco can be found at http://php.net/manual/en/index.php

No 2 sounds like you aren't logging out properly. Can you post your Login and Logout functions for us to look at?

Thanks for responding, I will definitely look at the link.

For number 2, there will be about 220-250 on simultaneously.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.