asp (ms)
asp.net (ms)

what i do not know is..

Ruby ??

Ajax ??

JSP ??

Dhtml??

And the title:
Rss, web services and SOAP (what soap u mean washing soap ???)

And which language is used to create a web application ??

Any help will be appreciated

as you can see im still a newbie in this stuff but im a fast learner !!!

So please if you have more info to add please do..

Your FINGERS will not regreted !

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

A) AJAX and DHTML aren't languages, they're methodologies.
B) All of those languages can be used for the web
C) Use Wikipedia to look up SOAP, it's an acronym hence the capital letters

Hello,

Ruby: A dynamic, open source programming language with a focus on simplicity and productivity. It has an elegant syntax that is natural to read and easy to write.

Ajax:Ajax, sometimes written as AJAX (shorthand for asynchronous JavaScript and XML), is a group of interrelated web development techniques used on the client-side to create interactive web applications or rich Internet applications. With Ajax, web applications can retrieve data from the server asynchronously in the background without interfering with the display and behavior of the existing page.

JSP:JavaServer Pages (JSP) technology provides a simplified, fast way to create dynamic web content. JSP technology enables rapid development of web-based applications that are server- and platform-independent.

DHTML: Dynamic Html, DHTML is NOT a language. It is a TERM describing the art of making dynamic and interactive web pages.DHTML combines HTML, JavaScript, DOM, and CSS.

RSS: Goto http://www.commoncraft.com/rss_plain_english for a simplest description in video format.

Web Services: According to http://www.w3schools.com, a software system designed to support interoperable machine-to-machine interaction over a network". Web services are frequently just Internet Application Programming Interfaces (API) that can be accessed over a network, such as the Internet, and executed on a remote system hosting the requested services.

SOAP: Simple Object Access Protocol, is a protocol specification for exchanging structured information in the implementation of Web Services in computer networks. It relies on Extensible Markup Language (XML) as its message format, and usually relies on other Application Layer protocols (most notably Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and HTTP) for message negotiation and transmission. SOAP can form the foundation layer of a web services protocol stack, providing a basic messaging framework upon which web services can be built.

If you are a c or c++ programmer, i will recommend you to use php, its will be very good for you, goto http://www.php.net for different tutorials and http://www.w3schools.com will be a very helpful for you as a beginner. Hope this information will help you a lot. If it helped it to my reputation.

Best of Luck in this world.

Here's what i know..
Server side languages:
php (open source)
asp (ms)
asp.net (ms)

what i do not know is..

Ruby ??

Ajax ??

JSP ??

Dhtml??

And the title:
Rss, web services and SOAP (what soap u mean washing soap ???)

And which language is used to create a web application ??

Any help will be appreciated

as you can see im still a newbie in this stuff but im a fast learner !!!

So please if you have more info to add please do..

Your FINGERS will not regreted !

If you mean what languages do we recommend for a web developer then I would recommend the following as they have all been very useful for me.

• Html/Dhtml
  • Javascript + Ajax
  • Java applets
  • php
  • css
  • xml

And I would suggest to start from the top of that list and work your way to the bottom. They each do a small thing but together bring great results.

I'll just say exactly what one of my 2nd year lecturers said to me: "There is no ultimate language or method, each one is better for something and terrible at something else, and because of this, sticking to one language will be your biggest downfall."

What I'm saying is that you need to research all of them and decide which ones you will use for the task at hand, eg: JavaScript makes for better interactivity but may be blocked by certain browsers. PHP makes for quick and easy coding which may become corrupted after many changes, whereas ASP more or less forces you to follow the OOP paradigm which will require unecessary effort for small jobs.

Member Avatar for diafol

<scrubbed> - sorry mis-read the original post

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.