Recently only i cam eto know about Mysqli..
i was wondering What Esp. does Mysqli have..?? :O

i have a store procedure.. which i can call in Mysql..!! than why should i use Mysqli.?? :O

One more thing i want to ask..

$link=mysql_connect($server,$serveruser,$serverpassword,0,65536);

what two parameters used for..? when i didnt use it i am unable to call store procedure..! :O

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

mysqli was introduced in php5.

can u give more information please, a little hard to understand

mysqli was introduced in php5.

can u give more information please, a little hard to understand

Sorry for inconvenience..i post it in hurry..!! :(

i am posting my post again..!! :)

Recently only i came to know about Mysqli..
i was wondering What special does Mysqli have..?? :O

i am able to run store procedure in Mysql..!!!than why should i use Mysqli.?? :O

One more thing i want to ask..

$link=mysql_connect($server,$serveruser,$serverpassword,0,65536);

what is the use of last two parameters in above code..? when i didn't use it than i am unable to call store procedure..! :O
i hope this time i made u clear.. what i want to ask..!! :)

$link=mysql_connect (server, username, password, new link, client flags)

Ive included the definitions for you below

new_link
If a second call is made to mysql_connect() with the same arguments, no new link will be established, but instead, the link identifier of the already opened link will be returned. The new_link parameter modifies this behavior and makes mysql_connect() always open a new link, even if mysql_connect() was called before with the same parameters. In SQL safe mode, this parameter is ignored.

client_flags
The client_flags parameter can be a combination of the following constants: 128 (enable LOAD DATA LOCAL handling), MYSQL_CLIENT_SSL, MYSQL_CLIENT_COMPRESS, MYSQL_CLIENT_IGNORE_SPACE or MYSQL_CLIENT_INTERACTIVE. Read the section about Predefined Constants for further information. In SQL safe mode, this parameter is ignored.

$link=mysql_connect (server, username, password, new link, client flags)

Ive included the definitions for you below

new_link
If a second call is made to mysql_connect() with the same arguments, no new link will be established, but instead, the link identifier of the already opened link will be returned. The new_link parameter modifies this behavior and makes mysql_connect() always open a new link, even if mysql_connect() was called before with the same parameters. In SQL safe mode, this parameter is ignored.

client_flags
The client_flags parameter can be a combination of the following constants: 128 (enable LOAD DATA LOCAL handling), MYSQL_CLIENT_SSL, MYSQL_CLIENT_COMPRESS, MYSQL_CLIENT_IGNORE_SPACE or MYSQL_CLIENT_INTERACTIVE. Read the section about Predefined Constants for further information. In SQL safe mode, this parameter is ignored.

I didnt understand ur whole post.. but i get most of it..!!
what do u mean by Mysql in Safe mode.? :O
and can u answer my Question..
why should i use mysqli if i am able to run store procedure with Mysql

i think dont use much mysqli here.. :D

Please search for information before posting.

Google it first

All the info you need to answer your question can be found via that link.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.