Hi i'm looking to create a dynamic website that allows me to showcase my personal picture collection.

I want a table in a MySQL database that has the fields:

-Image ID
-Image Name
-Actualimage
-Description
-Date Added
-Views

then i want a PHP script that creates a page (i assume by passing parameters in the URL)

so i want to make lots of dynamic pages that load with the selected image on obviously without having to make hundereds to seperate pages.

so basically the user selects a picture by a thumbnail on the homepage, it references the image ID and produces a page with the larger image along with the description thats unique to that image.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

You can also use the Different scripts that are available on the web.
I basically use the coppermine which has various features in it.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/

Hi i'm looking to create a dynamic website that allows me to showcase my personal picture collection.

I want a table in a MySQL database that has the fields:

-Image ID
-Image Name
-Actualimage
-Description
-Date Added
-Views

then i want a PHP script that creates a page (i assume by passing parameters in the URL)

so i want to make lots of dynamic pages that load with the selected image on obviously without having to make hundereds to seperate pages.

so basically the user selects a picture by a thumbnail on the homepage, it references the image ID and produces a page with the larger image along with the description thats unique to that image.

Thanks

Did you have a look at this dynamic gallery ?

Member Avatar for diafol

Coppermine has all the functionality you need (and more). However, it's quite a big app if you just want a simple gallery script.

how to use coppermine by the way??because i have downloaded many zipped codes from various websites

Member Avatar for diafol

how to use coppermine by the way??because i have downloaded many zipped codes from various websites

This is a reply to a 3 year old thread. Are you asking how to use Coppermine? Have you installed it and read the site's documentation? If not, perhaps you could start with that. If you have, please be more specific with your needs. "How to use Coppermine" is not something that can be easily answered - there's a whole manual on it out there.

this is helpfull information

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.