I know how to catch an action from someone entering page.php and then set a default to page=1 and have the action for page=1 to load page=2, but how should I make page.php to catch 1,2,3,4,5,infinity so it keeps loading until the user closes the browser?

reloading can be done using
header("Location: page.php?page=n");
(where n = number)

catching empty action can be done like this
if (!isset($action) or $action=="") {
$action="page1";
}

catching page =1 can be done like this
if ($action=="page1") {
header("Location: page.php?page=2");
}

etc.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I'm confused what this does ... it keeps redirecting to page 1 and then page 2 and then page 3 ... never stopping in between? I'm lost how this would be useful. Sorry floris but it's 3:30 am here ;) !

I'm confused what this does ... it keeps redirecting to page 1 and then page 2 and then page 3 ... never stopping in between? I'm lost how this would be useful. Sorry floris but it's 3:30 am here ;) !

We will put additional code and information in at random, pulled from a function.

What do you mean by "catching an action"? Is "action" a URL variable passed to a script? Do you want to reload/refresh the page according to an integer value of a URL variable?

<?php
header("Location: page.php?page=".($_GET['page']+1));
?>
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.