Hi, Recently I've been reading up on a lot off material regarding PHP to further my knowledge and one of the things I keep reading about are Frameworks for PHP like Zend or cake or groovy or the new lithium

So my question is:
1) What framework do you recommend investing into and why.

2) Is it worth learning it if you want to be a web developer (professionally)?

3) Do you use any kind of PHP related framework? If yes, what are your experience?

4) Can you recommend any good resources on frameworks, ie: books, websites, video tutorials etc, for someone completely new to frameworks?

I thank you for your input and I apologize if this isn't the correct place to post this thread.

Recently I saw YII framework, It is much better to develop large applications in PHP using YII framework.

Yes definitely you can become a professional webdeveloper(You can even be a freelancer)

I used Cake PHP for the past 3 years, recently I become familiar with with YII

Check for the YII website, you can all the information there

If you don't like YII go any one of the following
Cake PHP, code Ignitor, Zend

Hi, Recently I've been reading up on a lot off material regarding PHP to further my knowledge and one of the things I keep reading about are Frameworks for PHP like Zend or cake or groovy or the new lithium

So my question is:
1) What framework do you recommend investing into and why.

2) Is it worth learning it if you want to be a web developer (professionally)?

3) Do you use any kind of PHP related framework? If yes, what are your experience?

4) Can you recommend any good resources on frameworks, ie: books, websites, video tutorials etc, for someone completely new to frameworks?

I thank you for your input and I apologize if this isn't the correct place to post this thread.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.