Hi there,

I have a few sites plus a few clients' sites I have designed and manage. At present, when I want to add a new feature to all of the sites, I code it into each site individually.

What I want to achieve is to be able to update one file on one 'main' URL, and my other websites at different URLs get automatically updates as well.

At the moment I am using reseller web hosting, which shares my sites across several servers, but if I upgraded my web hosting to a dedicated server so all my websites are on just the one same server, is there a way to use a server sided technique such as PHP Include to update the other sites?

This would be the perfect solution as I am familiar with PHP and use the PHP Include everyday! If I could set up a PHP Include from another URL, it would be fantastic and make maintaining my websites a million times easier and quicker!

OR

If I built and hosted all of my sites on just one URL at sub paths e.g. maindomain.com/otherwebsite could I set up domain mapping so that another URL could be mapped to a sub path? Also, would that affect the search engine rankings as it's mapped?

Many many many thanks in advance!

Ben

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Any help with this would be fantastic and massively appreciated.

Thank you and best wishes.

Thank you chrishea, I will take a look.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.