Hello Everyone.
I'm working on a php project. All the source files are located in a remote server and I have access to source files. I need to debug my codes from my computer. I have read many articles about remote debugging using x debug and zend. But as I got from them, I have to install debugger on web server and also edit php.ini file on the web server in order to make debugging work. Isn't that so??????

If it is so.. are there any way to do it without having a debugger on web server (install debugger locally and run it)

Please let me know
Thank you
All the comments are highly appreciated
Best Regards.
Thilina

To be able to debug remotely you DO need to install a debugger and change some settings. If you can download everything (including the database) locally, then you can do it from your computer (assuming you have Apache, PHP and such installed). However, there is always a chance that there are still minor differences between both servers.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.