I'm impressed with Aptana Studio 3 and it is wonderful. I have decided to go back to eclipse after years of using Netbeans. In NB I was having option of separating my files from project meta data but I cannot find how to do it with AS. Also in Netbeans debugging and running server is breeze but cannot find it in Eclipse. So any help in the aspects is appreciated
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I'm impressed with Aptana Studio 3 and it is wonderful. I have decided to go back to eclipse after years of using Netbeans. In NB I was having option of separating my files from project meta data but I cannot find how to do it with AS. Also in Netbeans debugging and running server is breeze but cannot find it in Eclipse. So any help in the aspects is appreciated
Thanks

I don't think Aptana3.0 has PHP debugging. Try installing 2.0.

Apatana3.0 tries to do too much (has too much built in) and less ability to use external plugins which makes it less customizable. I'm using the prebuilt version however, maybe you can get better results with the Eclipse plugin version.

I don't think Aptana3.0 has PHP debugging. Try installing 2.0.

Apatana3.0 tries to do too much (has too much built in) and less ability to use external plugins which makes it less customizable. I'm using the prebuilt version however, maybe you can get better results with the Eclipse plugin version.

Hi DE,
long time I have not seen here :)
BTW I was attracted by version 3. I will have to wait for 3.1 and meanwhile I will keep my netbeans.
Thanks for reply!

I should try netbeans :)

I should try netbeans :)

I suggest that, up until Aptana 3 becomes matured. It is cute but still childish somehow!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.