Hi,

I am using PHPBB for my forum. My intention is if someone registers to my website, he/she will be login to forum as well, automatically. That means no need to register twice to use the forum. Is there a way forward to achieve this?
Will greatly appreciate your suggestions.
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi,

I am using PHPBB for my forum. My intention is if someone registers to my website, he/she will be login to forum as well, automatically. That means no need to register twice to use the forum. Is there a way forward to achieve this?
Will greatly appreciate your suggestions.
Thanks

Alex have made a video for that

Hi,

Thanks. I watched the videos related to phpBB posted by Alex. I found "Login Integration video" not "Registration Integration". For my case, I want to make my registration form to insert the data in both the website user's table and the forum user's table so that users can login to both the website and forum with the same username and password.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks. I watched the videos related to phpBB posted by Alex. I found "Login Integration video" not "Registration Integration". For my case, I want to make my registration form to insert the data in both the website user's table and the forum user's table so that users can login to both the website and forum with the same username and password.

Thanks.

Why re-invert the wheel? Let the people register via PHPBB and just deal with login. Making two tables to serve the same thing is completely unnecessary IMHO

Hi,
Sorry for late reply. I followed the steps described in the Alex's video and use the insert query to insert the data into both tables instead of select query. Now ,
I am able to validate the data from both tables, insert the data into both tables. I don't want to mixup my website data with the forum data so I am using two tables.
Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.