I have a drop down menu on a remote page whose source i can only view/copy but cannot edit it , so i am attempting to reconstruct the page from the source code of the currently existing one. I want to select all options from the menu when so i can view all the records the values hold at once. How can this be done? Also even if any answers provided will only allow me to edit it, i will do my best to power through. I saw another question where the user was given some jQuery code to include.
When an option is chosen from the menu you, you then click the submit button, and you are taken to a page that displays the business info about the option you choose. I want to view every record of business info for all choices at once.
My question is how can I do this?

This is the javascript for the page http://pastebin.com/Hv63diFH This is a snippet of the code as how it appears:

<option value="5102">Company 1</option>
    <option value="5053">Company 2</option>
    <option value="5091">Company 3</option>
        <input type="submit" value="Search">
        <br>
        <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="input1" size="50" VALUE="" ONKEYUP="autoComplete(this,this.form.select_business,'text',true)">
        </form>

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for diafol

no select tags around the options?

Select tags are around them, the code in the first post is a snippet of the whole code.
But here it is:

<form action="directory_detail.asp" method="post">
<Select Name="select_catagory">
    <option value="5102">Company 1</option>
    <option value="5053">Company 2</option>
    <option value="5091">Company 3</option>
        <input type="submit" value="Search">
        <br>
        <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="input1" size="50" VALUE="" ONKEYUP="autoComplete(this,this.form.select_business,'text',true)">
        </form>
Member Avatar for diafol

...there's no close select tag

WRT editing the page. WHy can't you just upload a new version?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.