I am trying to install XML_RSS extension but it seem that something is not working.
I was looking over the documentation and it says that I should run some commands in the command line.
this one confused me totally.
Could anyone help me get this done?
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

In order to install a pear package you need to run a terminal and type the install commands there, not all hosting plans allows terminal sessions (ssh). Which platform are you using: linux, windows? Are you testing in a local server?

I use windows and MySql

Of course that I saw the installation instructions but but I am not familiar with the command line. When I write this command php go-pear.phar I receive the next error.
c:\users\Edy> `php` is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
I downloaded the pyrus.phar file and I put it in the downloads folder

This error message means that PHP is not installed or path is not set.

And how do I set it?
I installed with wamp server.
the location of php is c:\wamp\bin\php

And how do I set it?
I installed php with wamp server.
the location of php is c:\wamp\bin\php

Member Avatar for diafol

The manual states:

c:\php\go-pear.bat.

But your path is c:\wamp\bin\php\go-pear.bat (I assume).

but how do I change this path?

Member Avatar for diafol

Open console
cd\wamp\bin\php
go-pear.bat

I changed the path with no problems but when I try to run pyrus.phar it opens me a box where is written that windows cannot open this extension .phar

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.