any one please explain me how to use cakephp framework or any MVC base framework . i have knowledge of php and WordPress

happygeek commented: sigh. why post a PHP question to the contribute hot nws forum when you know the php forum exists as you've already posted to it? +0

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Hello Dear,

You have advance knowledge in PHP and Word press; this is the good for you now you can easily use cake php. I would like to suggest learning cake php online website such as: http://cakephp.org/.

Thanks a lot,

any one please explain me how to use cakephp framework or any MVC base framework . i have knowledge of php and WordPress

Dude, COME ON! Make an effort atleast. -1 for you man.

Dude,

Cake php is the sweetest of all cakes, but its a hard one to bake second to Zend. You may want to do more research and study more about it. This thread will not have enough space to explain how it works.

thanks to replay

i have strong oops concept in C++

but i am new in cakephp or any PHP Framework

Good to hear you have strong OOP concept.. you shouldn't have any problem with the transition.

I hate recommending Zend framework, but if you will be using framework as part of your resume, then I think you are better of with the Zend framework with certification. I know it is very expensive, but that will make you something special on the paper at the least.

However, if you are just trying to explore frameworks, the most common, popular and probably the most easy to get support is either cakePHP , symphony or codeIgniter. Both cake and igniter can work effectively with smarty, while the symphony can work with twig.

I tried all of them, actually I spent all of my school monthly allowances for 3 months on Zend certification, because it is an standardized approach.

However, outside Zend my take will be phpCake or CodeIgniter there aren't too many push and pull on their differences. Having said this, If you will be writing some big applications in the future, CakePHP can probably thrive with you. Of course, if you can tackle the Zend framework that would be an excellent choice not only for personal development, but also for a professional career .

Don't get confused with other people are saying. Some will tell you how great is the cake, while the others will tell you codeIgniter is the best, and Zend is the far most superior. The best thing you can do if these too many information tends to confuse you is to learn all of them and learn every possible new things that you see picking up a new trend. Then NO one can ever ever dump a load of crap in front of your lawn.. Just my humble advice :)

commented: good stuff +15

By the way, back to your original question.. You can run either cake, igniter, and symfony in your thumb drive using an xampp..

Download xampp form apache and friends.
Extract the zip exe file, and then move all of its contents to your thumb drive.
To start xampp locate the xampp_start and click on it.

To run the phpCake or either of those I have already mentioned above, download the source from its provider.

Unzipped the Cake sources, and then move them to your thumbdrive/xampp/htdocs directory.

Follow the installation guidelins provided on the cake website. For the database credentialsm, Xampp have a default database user.. for the user, use "root", and password use "".

If cake php cannot create its own database, you need to create them manually by directing your browser to localhost/

click on the phpMyAdmin, and then create your database table for the cake..

That's pretty much it.. don't forget to change the salt if you will be uploading it to production server..

I just want to let you know that I just tested codeIgniter in my thumbdrive and it is working pretty well as I thought it would be.

The latest codeIgniter ( I have not run codeIgniter for two years now). I am impressed with the latest Version 2.1.0, because it is already loaded with Template Parser Class by default.

Meaning that you can easily create an application without any php codes in your view files.

Example -> Normally, people would go this route..

<!-- this is the html file on the view side -->
<body>
<h1><?php echo $title; ?></h1>
<div id="content"><?php echo $content;?></div>
</body>

With the template parser , template parser can be easily called like this

$this->load->library('parser');

$content_forTheview = array(
            'hstring' => 'This is string for H1',
            'viewContent' => 'This is the very cool content for the view'
            );

$this->parser->parse('indexTemplate', $content_forTheview);

then the new view file (indexTemplate) will look something like this.. it is kind of the same as smarty but for what I have read it is lighter.. The parser can also handle multidimensional array.. from database or wherever..

<!-- this is the html file on the view side -->
<body>
<h1>{hstring}</h1>
<div id="content">{viewContent}</div>
</body>

So the benefit of running the template parser class is that you can give your view files to anyone to work on the design or whatever, without the worries about your codes breaking in the hands of others.

Please check out their website.. the new codeIgniter comes with many classes that can truly speed up your development. They even added upload class, image manipulation class, migration class, cart class, and how about javascript class? Yes, they added too many already since the last time I saw codeIgniter. Now, I want to test them and see how far these classes can hold :). Maybe look for some security flaws.

I think you can truly work on this, because you already have background in OOP, which will make it a lot easier for you to extend the libraries..

I just wonder why PDO is not even implemented in this version, or maybe just maybe I completely missed it.

It looks fresh, but I still don't like the loop iteration in the controller side and then do the same thing in the view side. With the implementation of PDO, we don't have to go for the double jeopardy on the loops.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.