How can i put in the code below following, i pagination which should make an input box and write some numbers demek page to go there not to be shown in select her to choose me, but in the field to write :)

function pagination($query, $per_page = 10,$page = 1, $url = '?'){        
        $query = "SELECT COUNT(*) as `num` FROM {$query}";
        $row = mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query($query));
        $total = $row['num'];
        $adjacents = "2"; 

$page = ($page == 0 ? 1 : $page);  
        $start = ($page - 1) * $per_page;                               

$prev = $page - 1;                          
        $next = $page + 1;
        $lastpage = ceil($total/$per_page);
        $lpm1 = $lastpage - 1;

$pagination = "";
        if($lastpage > 1)
        {   
            $pagination .= "<ul class='pagination'>";
                    $pagination .= "<li class='details'>Page $page of $lastpage</li>";
            if ($lastpage < 7 + ($adjacents * 2))
            {   
                for ($counter = 1; $counter <= $lastpage; $counter++)
                {
                    if ($counter == $page)
                        $pagination.= "<li><a class='current'>$counter</a></li>";
                    else
                        $pagination.= "<li><a href='{$url}page=$counter'>$counter</a></li>";                    
                }
            }
            elseif($lastpage > 5 + ($adjacents * 2))
            {
                if($page < 1 + ($adjacents * 2))     
                {
                    for ($counter = 1; $counter < 4 + ($adjacents * 2); $counter++)
                    {
                        if ($counter == $page)
                        else
                    }
                    $pagination.= "<li class='dot'>...</li>";
                    $pagination.= "<li><a href='{$url}page=$lpm1'>$lpm1</a></li>";
                    $pagination.= "<li><a href='{$url}page=$lastpage'>$lastpage</a></li>";      
                }
                elseif($lastpage - ($adjacents * 2) > $page && $page > ($adjacents * 2))
                {
                    $pagination.= "<li><a href='{$url}page=1'>1</a></li>";
                    $pagination.= "<li><a href='{$url}page=2'>2</a></li>";
                    $pagination.= "<li class='dot'>...</li>";
                    for ($counter = $page - $adjacents; $counter <= $page + $adjacents; $counter++)
                    {
                        if ($counter == $page)
                        else
                    }
                    $pagination.= "<li class='dot'>..</li>";
                    $pagination.= "<li><a href='{$url}page=$lpm1'>$lpm1</a></li>";
                    $pagination.= "<li><a href='{$url}page=$lastpage'>$lastpage</a></li>";      
                }
                else
                {
                    $pagination.= "<li><a href='{$url}page=1'>1</a></li>";
                    $pagination.= "<li><a href='{$url}page=2'>2</a></li>";
                    $pagination.= "<li class='dot'>..</li>";
                    for ($counter = $lastpage - (2 + ($adjacents * 2)); $counter <= $lastpage; $counter++)
                    {
                        if ($counter == $page)
                        else
                    }
                }
            }

if ($page < $counter - 1){ 
                $pagination.= "<li><a href='{$url}page=$next'>Next</a></li>";
                $pagination.= "<li><a href='{$url}page=$lastpage'>Last</a></li>";
            }else{
                $pagination.= "<li><a class='current'>Next</a></li>";
                $pagination.= "<li><a class='current'>Last</a></li>";
            }
            $pagination.= "</ul>\n";     
        }

return $pagination;
    } 

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

So you want to use an input box to navigate through pages?

commented: That was some feat to make sense of that! :) +14

This is just an idea... others may have a better one..

if($page !=$lastpage){
 ## add this at the end of the page number block
 ?>
 <input type="text" name="goto"><input type="button" name="this_button" value="go">
 <?php
 }
 else{
 ## you hide the go button because we are already at the end of the pagination count
 ## show nothing..
 }
 ?>

Then somewhere in the remainder of your script, process or catch the users click on "this_button" and then grab the value of "goto".. that would be equal to the page number jump.

Unfortunately it is not :(

You need to post the remainder of your codes.. this is the page responsible for displaying your content. Just post the ones that has $_GET['page'], or $_POST['page'];

Here is the demo of my suggested approach above. It only took less than 20 munutes. I even made it without page reload, and it is using PDO the rest are just pretty much the same as any pagination script out there.

If you search my previous post, bout two weeks back, I wrote a full pagination function. It is the same pagination script I used on the demo above.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.