Hi

I was wondering if I might be able to get some help with a Basic Class Calender Editor.
I am self employed teacher and I teach classes at various venues. I have a website which displays the classes on for each week.i.e.

using the following coding:
**THIS WEEK'S CLASSES

</li><br />
<li class="p3"><span class="t1"><?php echo date('l jS F Y'); ?></span>
</li>
<br />

<li class="t9"> <?php

$day = date("l");

switch($day) {
    case "Monday":
        echo "English 6.30pm - 7.30pm ";
        echo "<p>French 7.30pm - 9pm";
        break;

case "Tuesday":
        echo "English  6.30pm - 7.30pm ";
        break;

case "Wednesday":
        break;

case "Thursday":
        break;

case "Friday":
        break;

case "Saturday":
        break;

case "Sunday":
        break;
}

?></li>
    <li class="t9">**

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem is that if a class is cancelled, I have to log in and take the whole website to change the whole entire page which has led to one or two problems.
I wanted to make life a little bit easier for myself by maybe using a calender for my classes so if I know a class is going to be cancelled on the day or in the advance, I can just change a calender and this will automatically update the website without me having to bring the whole thing down to update it? Similar to something like cutenews?

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Thank you

Redapple

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

There are multiple ways to do this. You can build this yourself by creating/using a database (or file) and a backend administration page where you can change the classes by submitting a form.

Since you mention cutenews, you could install this, as it is a ready to use cms.

Another option would be to integrate Google Calendar into your website. Then you can login to that and change what you want, and the website will just show what's there.

It all depends on how far you want to take this, and if you're doing this yourself, what your skills are.

Thank you for your help.

My skills compared to what other people have are probably basic as I wouldn't be able to write something completely from scratch.

I was able to implement cutenews into my wesbite and even mess around with the coding to get what I needed. and I like the fact that you can log in, and in the future I will have someone else working along side me and they have no clue about website building but they will be charge of admin.

The time table generally stays the same and only needs something so that I can log in and cancel a class for whatever reason.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.