I need to build a filtering function for the website I am working on, however I am not certain where to even start, should I be working in PHP, Javascript, Jquery or what? The way this is set up, there is a column of buttons set up on the side of the page that are used to filter the displayed search results and limit them to specific ranges of price among other numeric values, I need the buttons to therefore start a new mysql_query that pulls up only the results with, say the proce range between 10 and 15, I know the code for the query itself but I am not sure what I should be using to start the filtering proccess, please point me in the right direction. I am sorry if this is confusing to read, im not the best with explinations, but if you will ask whatever it is that confuses you I will gladly try to clerify. Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@GraficRegret

I think PHP/MYSQL will do fine or you can used DATABASE query.

It's bit hard without a table to see what query you are working on.

Do you have any query that you are working on now?

no I am trying to get an idea of where to start is all, that way I know how to search for any tutorials on the subject

Member Avatar for LastMitch

no I am trying to get an idea of where to start is all, that way I know how to search for any tutorials on the subject

Have you decide which to used? Which language are you more comfortable with?

php/mysql is what im most comfortable with but i am also strong with javascript and getting better with jquery and ajax, so its more a matter of what is better suited for the task, as in which will make it easier on me, I have seen a few javascripts that would probobly be good but then I am not sure of the php code that I will have to write to get the results to display, so I have to search more I guess.

Thanks, I figured it out.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.