Iam a newer in php Programming . How can I Improve myself in here. I colud not get a complete project. just Give me a project because I wanna learn basic something in php. i know basic programming but i could not complete any project . Give me a project and help my . i wanna every day a little bit on it. Thanx........

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Learning how to code in php is not about just doing all the projects, it is about understanding it first and then doing it. My recommendations is to start with a book, learn all the basics and than challenge yourself in building a full blown website using php or do some other project.

If you want a simple project to do as of right now, making a contact form that collects inputs and stores them in a csv, sends verification email to you and the user, keep it spam free, etc.

Remember, we are here to help you if you get stuck on one problem, so feel free to ask if you need assisstance.

Kony as for now you must refer php manual to learn more PHP.
If you want to learn programming then start with login page.It itself is a large module in which you have to interact with DB.Maintain session,cookie etc.
So for that you may try with online shopping site.

There is a book called PHP Architect's Zend PHP 5 Certification Study guide. If you get lucky, you will probably find it online as PDF file..From PHP 5 release of 2004, PHP is powered by the new Zend Engine II. Meaning all coding standards are govern by the Zend Engine. Although there are some backward compatibilities reserved for some of the residues of PHP4, PHP 4 is no longer updated.

The reason I am telling you this, just in case you bumped into php4 documentations that were also released by the same organization prior to 2004.

Now, that I laid out some of the important aspects about PHP, let us talk a little about the reason why, I would recommend PHP Architect's Zend PHP 5 Certification Study guide? My reasonings is that, if you read and research all the topics covered in this book, you will learn lots of things that will help you become a much improved practicetioner of PHP.

Although some of the presented topics and example codes in the book are somewhat questionable, I still believe the book is worth reading.

Read and analyze PHP source codes written by others... all of us can learn from others by analyzing their published source codes. It can be as simple as login script or an entire CMS application.

Learn the logic switch algebra e.g. NOR/OR/AND/NAND/XOR and the rest of it, because it does apply to programming also. Many people would rush-in and diving into programming with very little and no knowledge of at least college level Mathematics. This is a very serious mistakes. The reason is that, how can we refactor something if we don't have no knowledge of what refactor means? How about multi-conditional situations?e.g. we want something to be true, while we also want something to be OR declared in one statement.

People who read the book and PASSED the Zend Engineer Certification with flying colors.
My coffee Drinking Buddies:
1. Veedeoo -- he was the cream of the crop when he took it at the age of 16... ( this kid is madly brainiac)..This is the type of coder that can write an application, before he finishes is cup of coffee.. just an amazing person to be co-developing with higly sophisticated applications and API.
2. Larry Singleton --- He passed, but won't talk about it.
3. Yours Truly.... I better not talk about it, but the book and other books did help me a lot.

Member Avatar for diafol

The book you mention seems to have rated very badly on Amazon.co.uk - says that there are many errors. :(

says that there are many errors. :(

Like a lot of the PHP I've seen. That book must be really popular. :D

Thanks of all for replay me...I will must try to go way thats all are suggest me. However if i getting any trouble i will ofcourse tell you. and especially thanks to micheal and MII....

commented: Your Welcome ;) +7

@kony,

However if i getting any trouble i will ofcourse tell you

Feel free to do so, the Daniweb community is a very helpful and healthy community!

@Diafol, I think almost any book about any programming/coding language has errors... as long as we get what the book is teaching us, it is all good!

Kony, I figured that the most simplest book for learning php would be from the head first series. You should look into that series. Other good series are the For Dummies, Wrox, O'Reilly, etc.

how to make How to make counting table like 2.1=2, 2.2=4 etc with php

i am really embarrassing for it that its a simple code but i could do it. this is my test in class.
So how can i retrive from it.

Member Avatar for diafol

This is a class test, so I don't think we should be answering that. Post your attempt at a solution and we could steer you in the right direction.

This is a class test, so I don't think we should be answering that. Post your attempt at a solution and we could steer you in the right direction.

@diafol, Lets not worry about kony's test question, I have never seen a test lasting for 3 days... (a class test).

I guess we can help her now...?

Member Avatar for diafol

@diafol, Lets not worry about kony's test question, I have never seen a test lasting for 3 days... (a class test). I guess we can help her now...?

Your call, help who you like. I'm just following DW guidelines, namely "show some effort yourself". If this is an assessment, I wouldn't want to provide a solution. The test seems to have been mentioned 4 days ago. Do you know when the deadline was set? My crystal ball's a bit cloudy.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.