What will be the language of the feature web PHP or Python?

What framework will be the future a php one or a python one?

I would like to add that Laravel for php is still young and the development is not made by a corporation so I don't think that is a solution on the long run.

An example is that the documentation for laravel 3 dissapeared form the main site without notice when laravel 4 was realeassed.

Thank you for your time and answers

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Well, I'm glad you asked... takes deep breath... ^_^ Personally, I think it comes down to what the web is for. In my opinion the web is about sharing information as quickly as possible, as easily as possible and by as many people as possible*. PHP seems to be the best at that. It works with EVERYTHING. You can just slap in HTML, CSS, JS, MYSQL and whatever else you feel like, bash it a bit and hey, presto! An awesome new website is created. I looooooooove PHP! And the more I learn, the more I love it :)

There just doesn't seem to be anything else up to the job as yet. Maybe in 5 to 10 years something else will come along but then considering changing ALL those servers running PHP... o.O It's more conceivable that PHP will get far more awesome than be replaced anytime soon.

I looooooooove PHP! ^_^

* I know we can go into a whole long debate about the "quality" of the information but I don't believe that I have the right to decide other people's "quality". If it were left up to me, the net would be all quantuum physics, space travel and farm sim games.

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@dany12

What framework will be the future a php one or a python one?

What kind of question is that? It's all about preferences.

I would like to add that Laravel for php is still young and the development is not made by a corporation so I don't think that is a solution on the long run.

I heard about Laravel. I prefer using Yii. It's all about preferences again.

It really depends what the developer planning to used for that website.

You can't judge a framework unless you have used this for your own project.

Hello dany12 :)
I haven't worked with Python before, but I have worked with PHP and tried different frameworks. For me PHP can do pretty much everything I need from building simple website to creating a dynamic website connecting to Database etc ...
For PHP, codeigniter is my favorite framework for many reason:
Easy to understand, has a large library, easy guide tutorial, has a very big community compared to other frameworks for PHP
As I said, I don't know much about Python, but here's what I know about PHP :)
So hope you can find the best language and framework for you. Good Luck

OK @LastMitch don't get me wrong I worked with Laravel Eloquent and all other goodies of the framework, but Laravel 4 is a a clone of symphony 2.
If you look in the vendor directory you will see syphony 2 components even the debug is from symphony, swiftmailer etc.

So to get back at my question I would like to know why google and some very big sites online use Pyhton for their applications.

Another question will be why Guido van Rossum was hired by google to develope their backend?

This question an others make me wonder if php will evolve or if will be replaced by python especially django or py2web.

If i offended laravel fans or made them inconfortable I wopuld like to apologise.

Thank you all for you input and ideas.

I found my answers it goes like this.

Google have invested heavily on python because is the fastest way to manage large data.

Php will be still around because it can work on almost any host.

So the future is php python javascript.

This thread is solved.

It all boils don to what you want to do.
PHP and Python are different like spanner and screw driver. You will need each other for its task.

If you want web go for PHP and if it must be Python then Django helps here. There are others like Ruby and RoR. so you have a lot to explore!

ofcourse its php

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.