Hello,

Other people try to access my xampp web through my ip address in my private network but unable to do so. How to make it work?

I already try to reinstall my xampp yet it still does not work. Is there any specific way to make it work?

Thanks before.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I already try converting my dynamic ip address to static ip and I still unable to access my xampp from other computer.

it keeps waiting for connection then:

The connection was reset etc.

----------------------------

This is just to demo my moodle product by allowing other user to access it at the same time.

I totally agree with Diafol xampp it is a risky choice for production sites. The only one I tested that is packaged to be production site ready is the uniform server.

To allow the world to access your server, you will need to do some work. First, make sure you have a DNS hosting. If you don't have one for your particular domain, you can sign up for free at freeDNS.afraid.com, and then go to your domain manager panel and use the afraid.com nameservers.

There are two types of IP your computer uses. The first one is the main IP given and assigned to you by your service provider, the second is your computer IP within your network.

To find your main IP go here. That is the IP you will need to fill-in in the afraid.com domain settings.

The second one is the IP of your computer where the xampp is running. You can get this by typing

ipconfig 

or

ifconfig 

for linux

on the command prompt. Your computer IP is more likely the IPV4 address.

836ad667c90af0ab8d382d91cfad0031

If your computer is connected to a cable modem provided by your Internet Service provider, then you will need to accesss the administration panel. On this panel, click on the Application and Gaming tab.

Scroll down the page and look for the IP of the computer where the xampp is running. Do the following port forwarding settings.

on application name select http
on external port type 80
on internal post type 80
if there is a checkbox to enable it, make sure to check this. The screenshot below is a classic example of a single port forwarding on a Cisco network.

d237f4307a0f775cf6914827673f2f2d

Once your done with the single port forwarding above, open your apache/conf/extra directory and look for the file named httpd-vhosts.conf.

create a new virtual host for your domain. For example, if we are allow local and internet access to yourDomain.com hosted on your computer, we can create a virtual host in XAMPP by adding this.

<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerAdmin webmaster@yourDomain.com
  DocumentRoot "C:/xampp/htdocs/directoryOfYourDomainFiles"
  ServerName yourDomain.com
  ServerAlias www.YourDomain.com  *.yourDomainDot.com
  ErrorLog logs/yourDomain.com-error.log
  CustomLog logs/yourDomain.com-access.log common
 <Directory "/server/www/directoryOfYourDomainFiles">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes ExecCGI
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

re-start xampp.. The world can access your webpages, and for the local network computers, they can either type the IP address of your computer. That's pretty much it...

I prefer Uniform Server Zero for this type of setting.

Also, if you have access to a packet tracer from Cisco, this is the best software to practice all these neat things about routing and server settings.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.