I'm developing a site using mysql and php.
For the backend database I use mysql and my htm page consists of both HTML and PHP scripts.
It was suggested that I use 3 tier architecture to seperate the business logic and the presentation layer.
My problem is , how do I use a 3 tier architecture to build a site using php and mysql.

Being a newbie, I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I'm developing a site using mysql and php.
For the backend database I use mysql and my htm page consists of both HTML and PHP scripts.
It was suggested that I use 3 tier architecture to seperate the business logic and the presentation layer.
My problem is , how do I use a 3 tier architecture to build a site using php and mysql.

Being a newbie, I'd appreciate any help I can get.

I think that seperating the business logic and presentation, rather than being true 'three tier', is more of a MVC structure. I think you should look into Symfony or CakePHP.

Or Rails of course (but its not PHP)

Are these something similar to Dreamweaver?

Are these something similar to Dreamweaver?

No. Dreamweaver is an editor.

These are frameworks written in PHP that help simplify the web development process; especially interaction with databases and keeping your code organised (MVC style)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.