Hello I am Marcus and I am building a directory service and need some help using php. I am new to working with a server but I did read Sams Teach Yourself book on this subject and ubderstand what needs to be done, but still have trouble finding a script and instructions on how to do this task. I hope there is someone out there that can assist me so I can launch my business soon. So let me tell you what I want to do and hoping I would recieve the instructions how to do this and a script that I can use where I only have to add my information.

The form ask for information about the business, tyoe of business, to description, and asked for a logo to upload to the directory. Within my hosting company I have created a database with 3 tables that I plan to gather the new persons information. Now I am also using Pay Pal for payment.

What I need to do is once the information is subit that it goes to MYSQL Database then puts the information on the directory page for the public. I also would like to have users be able to sort by type, location, Business Name, ect. and have been told that this is also told that this is a PHP script too.

I hope there is someone out there that can help me because I have working on this since the beginning of the year. This is the last thing I need to do in order to get my business up and running. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Marrcus

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

I doubt anyone here is going to do an entire script up for you here. There are many sites that offer the services of scripters that you have to pay for.

I would suggest learning more about PHP and MySQL focusing on form reading, and working with databases. Or the other option is to look at the many sites that have scripts you can download, some for free some cost money, and find a script that suits your needs. However learning the language and how to use it would be much more benificial to you if your running a company so that you are able to modify, and adapt your scripts to your buisness. In order to use a script effectivly you should understand how it works.

Thats my two cents.

Hello I am Marcus and I am building a directory service and need some help using php. I am new to working with a server but I did read Sams Teach Yourself book on this subject and ubderstand what needs to be done, but still have trouble finding a script and instructions on how to do this task. I hope there is someone out there that can assist me so I can launch my business soon. So let me tell you what I want to do and hoping I would recieve the instructions how to do this and a script that I can use where I only have to add my information.

The form ask for information about the business, tyoe of business, to description, and asked for a logo to upload to the directory. Within my hosting company I have created a database with 3 tables that I plan to gather the new persons information. Now I am also using Pay Pal for payment.

What I need to do is once the information is subit that it goes to MYSQL Database then puts the information on the directory page for the public. I also would like to have users be able to sort by type, location, Business Name, ect. and have been told that this is also told that this is a PHP script too.

I hope there is someone out there that can help me because I have working on this since the beginning of the year. This is the last thing I need to do in order to get my business up and running. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Marrcus

did you did any of this or you want someone to help u start it from scratch ???
anyway if you have some specific problem we could help u with it
but you have at least to get your hands a little dirty!!

Thank you for your encourgment. I feel I have gotten my hands drity because I have been learning web design on my own for the pass couple of years. For the pass six months been trying to learn the server side. I know many of the sites to go to to get a general script of what I need, the thing is I am so new to this area that I do not know the proper term that it is listed or called. I understand the code well enough to add my elements too because of what I have study. Like I said I do not know the proper term to ask for at all the sites like php.net and others. This is where you could assist me.

Thanks,

Marcus

Ok. You're looking to go to W3Schools website and learn basic PHP skills.
This will teach you about how to use variables and output intormation.

This will also teach you about how to use _forms_.
Forms, will facilitate your needs for grabbing information from a form. and doing something with it.

Any more _specific_ PHP questions we can demystify the issue for you.

Drag...

hey... i think i can help you... i have a little knowledge bout php (handling file uploads, sessions, etc) which i think would be essential in building your system... pm me... omick16@yahoo.com

please guys post all the messages in the forums
so everyone gets the knowledge

Very true, if it's done privately, no1 benefits from that, and that's what forums are all about. building communities & discussing different methods and solutions together.

* Gives High 5 To w_3rabi *

* Gives High 5 To w_3rabi *

then dude u could give me some rep

It's not about how famous you are, it's about knowledge, and helpfullness. :)

thnx anyway man

yes i gave you 'rep' :)

thanx alot man

not a problem. could you send me a private message please?.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.