Hi guys.. I want to learn Ruby on Rails.. Actually I already have a Computer Based Training CD in Ruby on Rails by Lynda.com.. But I'm having a hard time in deploying the requirement 'coz in the training video the speaker is working on Mac OS.. But I'm using Windows.. He said that there's a one click install in ruby called instantrail so I followed it I installed one on my computer then I also need MySQL and Server.. So I downloaded XAMPP (MySQL and Apache for Ruby on Rails).. Guys did I got right requirements for deploying Ruby on Rails on my Computer?.. Actually I'm really starting from scratch in RoR and I think it's better to apply this language on our Web Development Subject Project - An online enrollment system project...

And another thing on instantrail installation.. Once I included to enable RubyGem on the first step of installation.. Does it mean that RubyGem will be automatically installed in my system?

And lastly, how long will it take for me to learn Ruby on Rails..

I think that would be all..

Thank you... Hoping for responses in my thread.. :)

Hi guys.. I want to learn Ruby on Rails.. Actually I already have a Computer Based Training CD in Ruby on Rails by Lynda.com.. But I'm having a hard time in deploying the requirement 'coz in the training video the speaker is working on Mac OS.. But I'm using Windows.. He said that there's a one click install in ruby called instantrail so I followed it I installed one on my computer then I also need MySQL and Server.. So I downloaded XAMPP (MySQL and Apache for Ruby on Rails).. Guys did I got right requirements for deploying Ruby on Rails on my Computer?.. Actually I'm really starting from scratch in RoR and I think it's better to apply this language on our Web Development Subject Project - An online enrollment system project...

And another thing on instantrail installation.. Once I included to enable RubyGem on the first step of installation.. Does it mean that RubyGem will be automatically installed in my system?

And lastly, how long will it take for me to learn Ruby on Rails..

I think that would be all..

Thank you... Hoping for responses in my thread.. :)

dear fellow try this link for installation
http://allaboutruby.wordpress.com/2006/01/09/installing-rails-on-windows-step-by-step-tutorial/

Member Avatar for kingben

Are you comfortable with Ruby?
I too have just started it out learning RoR but firstly learning only Ruby

Are you comfortable with Ruby?
I too have just started it out learning RoR but firstly learning only Ruby

I'm still getting started with the basics. But I've already installed ruby on rails on my pc.. I have been watching RoR tutorials by Lynda.com.. . And I'm also reading OOP analysis books.. So far it's hard to get along with a new knowledge (the RoR).. But I'm hoping it will get easy on the next steps..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.