Hello -

I'm fairly new to RoR, and after installing version 2.3.9 and trying to run a sample app, I get the errors below. I've been trying to find solutions for the past two days, but no luck.

Has anyone run across this error before and/or know how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance!

/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.9/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:466:in `load_missing_constant': uninitialized constant ActiveRecord::BaseWithoutTable (NameError)
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.9/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:106:in `const_missing'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:29:in `gem_original_require'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:29:in `require'
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.9/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:182:in `require'
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.9/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:547:in `new_constants_in'
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.9/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:182:in `require'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:29:in `gem_original_require'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:29:in `require'
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/rails.rb:147:in `rails'
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/mongrel_rails:113:in `cloaker_'
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/configurator.rb:149:in `call'
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/configurator.rb:149:in `listener'
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/mongrel_rails:99:in `cloaker_'
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/configurator.rb:50:in `call'
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/configurator.rb:50:in `initialize'
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/mongrel_rails:84:in `new'
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/mongrel_rails:84:in `run'
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/command.rb:212:in `run'
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/mongrel_rails:281

Hmm... What version of your Ruby? I believe it has to be at least 1.87 or higher, or maybe even 1.9... How did you install it? What platform are you using?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.