Is it possible to create dynamic menu items for a web application. While clicking on one menu item, it should expand and show the child menu items. While clicking again it should collapse the menu and hide the children. While clicking on child menu item, it should show the corresponding page on right side

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Is it possible to create dynamic menu items for a web application. While clicking on one menu item, it should expand and show the child menu items. While clicking again it should collapse the menu and hide the children. While clicking on child menu item, it should show the corresponding page on right side

Yeah; you would need to use AJAX to make the form dynamic.

Here is a tutorial to get you started

Hi there;
I have recently read your question. I have the same job to do.

Could you please share , the solution if you have derived any for your problem.

I have heard that ready made open source (& free too!!) gems are available to do this. Did u found any?

Shall be waiting for ur reply :-)

I heard about such an option in javascript but don't have any idea about such thing in Ruby

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.