Hi I`ve done with nuke, xoops, mambo etc for a year now . Now choosing from site like OpensourceCMS n all is pretty messy . ;)
Can you suggest a CMS for a personal site , blog will do too . I`m thinking of wordpress , but it`s 1.5 is in beta stage so can`t install premade templates with satisfaction .
Plz refer some light wait one :)

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Good question. My suggestion in that case would be vBulletin aka vBPortal.:o

Vbulletin for a personal page ? naah !
well anyway thanx, I installed a blog

For a powerful, robust, and free CMS, I would recommend www.mamboserver.com

I see you wrote you've tried mambo in the past already. Bad experience?

Well not exactly bad , Infact I liked it . but had some probs on my side , like it sometimes didn`t show up the admin panel in firefox . i donno why though :(

Second being it`s a heavy site for personal use , and I don`t think I need a portal right now .

Well not exactly bad , Infact I liked it . but had some probs on my side , like it sometimes didn`t show up the admin panel in firefox . i donno why though :(

Second being it`s a heavy site for personal use , and I don`t think I need a portal right now .

Well I never have any problems using Firefox viewing the ACP nor anything else infct, since you dont want to just an opening index page navigator like, then I would sugest something more along the site of CMS instead such as PHP-Nuke or Nuke-Platinum. <-- you can get support at my site for that and downloada copy there for that 1 or get the copy at the original developers site at www.techgfx.com. Either or are both considerably highly recommended over any other CMS unless youd like a custom 1 which I COULD help there also but barley have the time since im now working three jobs plus running a 1 man operative buissness. But give those a try and tell me what you think. ;)

O yea, by the way, I also recommend MamboServer myself just like Daniell said. I just now saw her post, but she is correct on that also!

Have you used Drupal? I've heard a lot of people using this for blogs. I would suggest Mambo, but it already has been mentioned.:cheesy:

Have you used Drupal? I've heard a lot of people using this for blogs. I would suggest Mambo, but it already has been mentioned.:cheesy:

I asked this a month ago :cheesy: i have a blog now

Anyway I`ve used Drupal too it`s pretty Sweet I should say . I appreciate it`s Simplicity .. But donno why I couldn`t configure the RSS news thing ..I wanted it to show up on Main Page but it showed only for Registered users :-|

Hi,
There are lot of modules and features available in drupal.Drupal CMS hosting includes an installation with many features. Moreover, it is possible to expand the system at any time by choosing among more than 3,500 modules. why you going to choose this one?
thanks..

Have you looked at Concrete5?

It is significantly easier to use than Joomla and designed with the user in mind.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.