Hi there,

I want to create like a online interaction system on my site. you know like a "Chat to us now" kinda thing. Where when a user is on your site you can chat with them directly from the home page or any other page using a 3rd party software like Pidgin, but the user uses the site to reply. I found some awesome 3rd party plugins to use, but you have to pay like per month on all of them, and i can't afford that right now.

now i found a free one to use, but has loads of limitations, its called Olark. It works perfectly, but like i said, you have limitations.

I want to create my own, im just not sure what to look for, does anybody have an idea where i can look for like tutorials on how or some open source thing i can look into.

Please, and thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Great plugin to use for like a chat room. but i want something abit more private to one client only, something where you chat with only that one user, like each user coming to your site has his own chat and you use the IM to reply to them.

like this: http://www.olark.com/ - You'll see at the bottom it has like a chat box that opens when clicked on it. something like that.

That can work, just need to customize it allot.

Thanks by the way :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.