I currently have a client who offers a set of online self-improvement materials for a course which is intended to last a year, and which has new material sent to the participants every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Right now users register and then they are clustered into one of four lists based on when they register.

While this system currently works - it's a hassle and my client is requesting I find a new system which allows users to register via PayPal or another payment gateway and then after payment is sent they will instantly begin the course cycle.

Anyway, I was thinking of using Moodle however it currently does not seem to have that self-registration self-paced capability my client is looking for.

Does anyone know if any such solutions exist without hacking up a custom solution? If it helps - I am building this client's website on Wordpress (maybe Joomla if needed) however if I need to setup two separate modules, that shouldn't be an issue at all.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@theonlylos

Right now users register and then they are clustered into one of four lists based on when they register.

While this system currently works - it's a hassle and my client is requesting I find a new system which allows users to register via PayPal or another payment gateway and then after payment is sent they will instantly begin the course cycle.

Anyway, I was thinking of using Moodle however it currently does not seem to have that self-registration self-paced capability my client is looking for.

Does anyone know if any such solutions exist without hacking up a custom solution? If it helps - I am building this client's website on Wordpress (maybe Joomla if needed) however if I need to setup two separate modules, that shouldn't be an issue at all.

Have you consider using PHP Framework instead of using Moodle? The reason is more control and freedom. Instead of hacking just add it or created it on the PHP Framework

For example, Dani is using CodeIgniter as a platform to run the Daniweb.

I hope this will give you some encouragement to move forward whatever direction you want to approarched this.

Here is a list of it:

http://www.phpframeworks.com/

Try with AJ LMS which is the best free learning management system to create your e-learning portal.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.