Hi Team,

I have a piece of code like below which works correctly in Windows Xp (Ie 7) but when i try it in W7(IE 11) rendering is wrong, when the application first loads the select menu is rendered correctly but when i select an option and again try to select another option from the menu it goes to the top, I mean the last selected vallue gets displayed first and the values above it goes to the top.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<select>
  <option value="volvo">Volvo</option>
  <option value="saab">Saab</option>
  <option value="opel">Opel</option>
  <option value="audi">Audi</option>
</select>

</body>
</html>

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Try Placing it inside a form. And post a screenshot if not solved even after this.

Thanks Anand.
yes,
we had tried it.but still not working.we are placing screenshot for it also. 5bab693fcee97d305735b8f4e20744f05bab693fcee97d305735b8f4e20744f0

Select tag use like this.
<select>
<option value="Red"> Red</option>
</select>

Try running it independently, not in w3schools.

I have tried it in my browser also, still the same.

The problem is at the start of the site it shows from the title correctly, but when you hover over it and again try to select something, the last selected shows first and rest goes to the top.\

Happens only in IE11 same code works fine in IE 7.

Please advice.

Sorry but I have no idea. :(

Please advice.

Try jsfiddle, see what that does. I think the problem is with the w3schools site.

I have tired it in my Laptop's IE 11 and in my Firend's System too...still the same. I checked microsoft website also but no solutions provied.
Please advise

add selected='selected' to one of the choices
or add a blank entry with selected='selected'

<option value="" selected='selected'>choose</option>

second run of the page is remembering the last time
to see what it is like without the memory effect, clear the tif

of course the field is centered around the currently selected choice, that is default behaviour, its just that IE remembers, not default behaviour IE is a shit, and other browsers behave

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.