HI everyone,

I encounter a prob while rendering my web site in IE 6:

the prob are that my search text field (which is in a div) doesn't allow me to type in it.

Other problem is that i my menu and footer links work but in the main content they do not work, does not respond...change color and everything but can click on them...

and finally i cant see my borders around my image!!!

Anybody can help????

PLease...i really need some help about it...

Thanks

Jerome

<snipped>

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

the prob are that my search text field (which is in a div) doesn't allow me to type in it.

Add position:relative; and z-index:5; to the div containing your search text field

Other problem is that i my menu and footer links work but in the main content they do not work, does not respond...change color and everything but can click on them...

hmm..i don't have a preview of the page, so all i can do is guess..Check your html markup well, there might be some unclosed tags causing probs if you're using xhtml

and finally i cant see my borders around my image!!!

<style>
a img
{
  border:none;
}
</style>

That's all you need to remove the border surrounding images that are used as links

I sorted the other prob (text field and border)... but i still encounter the prob of my links which are in divs in the main content... check the web site www.gbackup.co.za and test it on IE 6 you will see what is the prob... i tried everything and its driving me mad.

all my menu links and footer links respond and i can click on them but once i try clicking on the different links in the main content, i cant click , it does not allow. they change color and whatever i assign to them but does not allow me to click... very irritating...

Please i need help.

Thanks a lot for your help and cooperation

Jerome

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.