Hi, I write because i am looking for a program that imports in mass simple images (jpeg, bmp etc) and creates for each of them an image 4 times bigger, composed by the original image copied and mirrored.

Let me explain: in the final image, in the top left there is the original image, in the top right the original image mirrored by the vertical axis and in the bottom these 2 images mirrored by the horizontal axis.

Do you know a program that do this, apart from photoshop?

I don't want to install photoshop because I already use fireworks for all the common graphical operations.

Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

MS Paint can do it one image at a time.

yes., ms paint can do it. but its kinda hard to input the right coordinates.

It's easy:
- Open the image in Paint.
- Determine the size with the Attributes choice in the Image menu.
- Copy the entire image.
- Open a new image, and set the attributes to twice the size in both directions.
- Paste.
- Click outside the pasted area to deselect.
- Paste, and reflect the image horizontally. Drag the reflected image to the right to fill the empty space directly to the right.
- Paste, and reflect the image vertically. Drag the reflected image down to fill the empty space directly below.
- Paste, and rotate the image 180 degrees. Drag the reflected image down and to the right to fill the remaining empty space.
- Save the result.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.