I have a website where I am making a calendar and inside each day cell I have a list of events where each name is a link to a information page on that link. Also, each day cell is a link to a page with a more in-depth list of events for that day (for when the events don't fit on the actual calendar. Below is the code for one of these cells:

<td height="125px" width="143" align="center" bgcolor="#000000" Onclick="window.open('lessonDay.php?month=4&day=18&year=2009','_blank','height=460, width=410,scrollbars=no')"; style="cursor:pointer;">
<div ="events">
<a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="window.open('Lessons.php?lessonID=3','Guitar','height=460, width=410,scrollbars=no')"> Guitar </a>
<br>
</div>
</td>

Now my problem. When I click on the cell it takes me to the desired page, but when I click on one of the individual events within the cell it takes me to both the day page and the event page, because the event links are directly ontop of the cell link. I could avoid this "stacked" linking, but I'd rather make it work if I can.

So, is there anyway to make the click only active the event link when it is clicked and not activate the cell link?

Thank you,
Joe Hawkes-Cates

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for Dukane

I have no idea what you are talking about. Can you show an example?

Line 2 is busted code. What did you leave out before the = sign?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.