What kind of programs (or skills) a webdesigner must to know to be able to build websites like Hotwire.com, Orbitz.com, Progressive.com ?

I'will be looking for these type of professionals really soon, but I just don't know how to filter the candidates...

Anyone can help me?

Thank you in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

PHP,MySQL and flash I would say. What is your budget ?

What kind of programs (or skills) a webdesigner must to know to be able to build websites like Hotwire.com, Orbitz.com, Progressive.com ?

I'will be looking for these type of professionals really soon, but I just don't know how to filter the candidates...

Anyone can help me?

Thank you in advance!

SQL,ms acces for database,xHTML for webdesigning,and any prog Language for programming e.g C#,C++,python.
Heita Holla!!!!

Thank you guys!
ItHelp and Luvoyo, How long does it take to do it and how much would cost considering a small traffic?

In your point of view, from 1 to 10, what is the level of difficulty to build a website like that having a data avaliable?

Could anyone help me with the question following...

"How long does it take to do it and how much would cost considering a small traffic?

In your point of view, from 1 to 10, what is the level of difficulty to build a website like that having a data avaliable?

Thank you very much!

i can say it is 6(10=easy) NB!! i hav some experience in html and C# programming and these points excludes the sql part of the site since i hav very little knowledge in databases.

Your designer guru should be solid in XHTML and CSS, and be able to effectively utilize existing JavaScript solutions. He/She should also be aware of browser compatibility issues and modern web design techniques and compliance standards.

A lot of Web designers out there who have these skills also bring to the table solid graphic and Flash design skills.

I am a Web Designer.
contact me if you need a Freelance Web Designer ....

i have more then 5 years experience in this field and good portfolio under my name.....

A Good Hand On Computer Web Designing in
Adobe PhotoShop CS
Macromedia Flash
CorelDraw
Macromedia Dream Weaver MX, Html, CSS, Div

visit my website
<URL SNIPPED>

Making a website involves many skills. The actual webpage that gets displayed depends on html for the content and CSS for the presentation. These will be pretty much unavoidable and are necessary to make anything display on a web page. If you want client side interactivity, like making buttons and paragraphs change color when you click or mouseover them, then javascript will be involved.

If you want to store or process data that the user enters in a form, you will need PHP, and MySQL if you want a database (like user accounts and passwords.

Java can be used for many things, from applets to interacting with servers.

Flash animation is used in Rich Internet Applications. This is the growing method for creating things such as calculators and clocks, along with java.

So it all depends on what you want. If you are going to have textboxes and forms, you will need php. If you want extra interactivity, like applications and other flashy stuff (haha!) you will need java or flash.

Hope this helps! If you have any further questions, please post them! :D

For those types of sites you will need both a graphic designer and a programmer. And I would say if you truly want the results and look of the site - this project is more like an "8" on a scale of "10" being the hardest.

The design firm you go with needs to be able to show you already working sites similar to the results you want because a lot of people will take you for granted working on a project this large. I've known sites like this to go anywhere from 30K to 130K just depends on the firm you find and their fees. Shop around - but don't settle until you know for sure that they are REALLY able to build you the right type of site with easy maintenance from your end of things and easy data queries.

It's going to be a long process, but those types of sites do make money if they are designed properly.

- Studio1023

I am providing all kind of web and graphic designing services.

For designing part a candidate should be familiar with tools like Flash, Photoshop, CSS, HTML. For programming purpose he/she must have knowledge of some scripting language like php, Javascript etc.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.