Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've posted.

Looking for a little help with a flash website I have been working on.

I purchased a template from monster templates, and had no problems with the work I had to do. Well yesterday after making some changes on a unrelated page (so I thought) the gallery has stopped working.

Believe me when I say I have spent hours trying to solve the problem. I have gone over various frames in several related scenes to no avail.

Please take a look at the Gallery:

Working link: http://www.lakepayne.com/index3.html
Non-working link: http://www.lakepayne.com/index.html

There is a xml file that pulls the gallery in the flash movie, but I'm certain the problem is not there, due to the working example.

I know the swf file wont help much for trouble shooting, so I'm hoping I can get the help of someone I can pst a link to the source file(s) for review.

Thanks a ton :)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Without seeing some code I don't think there's a lot we can do.

Perhaps try making a quick backup of what you've got there and then revert the changes you made to the seemingly unrelated page.

Once you've got the page back to it's previous condition, test the site to see what happens:

If the gallery works, then you'll know it's definitely something in your edits to the page which broke the gallery. In which case, start making your changes again, test regularly and analyse each change and it should be pretty easy to see what is breaking the gallery.

And if it doesn't work, at least you know that the changes you made to the page had no effect!

I'd be quite willing to take a look at the sources if need be, but unfortunately I don't own CS4. I use Flash 8 pro for AS1/AS2 and Flashdevelop for AS3 at the moment. So if the source files were originally done in CS4 then I'm afraid I'm out. But if it was done in CS3, I think I can hijack a friends PC with CS3 pro on it!

Have you tried putting any trace statements around the gallery code and the xml loading code? That way you'll at least be able to see what's going on there.

Cheers for now,
Jas.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I have a working copy of CS4.

Post the code if you can and I'll have a look at it. Make sure the xml file is in the correct directory, but I can't imagine that's the problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.