Hi everyone.

I am currently creating a website, and i'm having difficulty with setting the websites resolution, i want the website to adjust according to the users current resolution. Please don't tell me to make a border and set it to 100%, thats not what i want. it must be able to detect the users resolution and adjust the website according to that screen's resolution eg. the website must be able to display the same size on a 1024 x 768 as it does on a 1680 x 1050, if you try to view websites that are made for 1024 x 768 on a 1680 x 1050, you would see large gaps on either sides of the screen. A good preview would be eveonline.com, that website has sorted out the problem. (NOTE I'M NOT ADVERTISING, THIS IS JUST THE ONLY WAY I COULD FIND TO EXPLAIN WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY).

I have also noted that Daniweb.com also supports this.

To put this is simple words : The website must know what resolution the user is running, but must still keep its aspect ratio

Ps. Any help would be appreciated

Hi!

I'm not really sure I understand your question but I will try to reply as good as I can.

It seems to me that you actually don't need to "know" the visitors screenresolution, besides that not really interesting since it's the browserwindow you ought to be concerned about(?). But what you want is a liquid layout that stretches to fit the window.

If you want something similar to that of eveonline then i suggest a classic three column css layout. Simply put a fixed with on the left and right column and the middle one will expand accordingly.

You should be able to find a good template on oswd.org with three collumns. Also please bear in mind that with the increasing screensizes it gets really hard reading when a textrow strecthes to much.

I hope this was to some help, otherwise there should be some javascript functions to figure out your problem.

good luck!

nope nothing there helps

Okay, could please specify, because I'dont se anything on that site that has to know anything about my screenresolution.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.